Homepage Prof. Horst Köppel
Köppel, Horst (Prof. Dr. rer. nat.)
|Welcome to my home page!
I hope you can find here the information you are looking for.
If you have any questions or comments, please send me an email
The image to the right shows a schematic representation of a reactive conical intersection in the space of a dissociative (stretching) and a bound (angular) coordinate. Conical intersections are nowadays recognized as key topologies triggering primary photochemical processes and nonadiabatic excited state dynamics.
Research Areas, Publications, Teaching:
- Symposium, 4.-5. November 2016, 'Electrons and nuclei in motion - correlation
and dynamics in molecules'
(Honor of 70th birthday of L. S. Cederbaum, with A. Dreuw, IWR)
- Indo-German Workshop on 'Electronically Excited Molecules: Structure and Dynamics'
(6.-8. September 2009)
- 'XIX International Symposium on the Jahn-Teller Effect' (25.-29. August 2008)
- Principal organizer of the Symposium 'Electron Correlation and Multimode Quantum Dynamics
in Molecules (17.11.2006, Honor of L.S. Cederbaum)
- Principal organizer of the 37th Symposium for Theoretical Chemistry (23.-27.9.2001)
- Scientific organizer of the Mariapfarr Workshops (Winter School) for Theoretical Chemistry
(1998 and 2000)